10/04/2016

BOOKS, BOOKS & MORE BOOKS - 2016 ROMANTIC TIMES (RT) CONVENTION & INTERVIEW WITH AUTHOR VICKI LEIGH


A giant book fair is a dream come true for book lovers. Books, books and more books! Authors, events, chats, gadgets, meetings: it's going to be amazing. RT Book Lovers Convention and Fair 2016 will be held at the Rio Hotel in Las Vegas from April 12  to 17. There will be a special Teen Day on Saturday 16th when teenagers and young readers will have the chance to meet their favourite YA authors, play games and if under-18 win a bag staffed of awesome gadgets. 


Vicki Leigh, YA and NA author, will be one of the hundreds awesome writers participating in the events and ready to meet their fans. She accepted to answer five quick questions about her latest release and her expectations for the upcoming RT event. 

1. What inspired Catch Me When I Fall?

 When I first began to brainstorm this book, I pulled on my own experiences with nightmares. There had already been so many fantastic books written about angels, so instead I asked what-if questions: What if those who guarded us weren't angels but people who'd sacrificed themselves to save others? And what if nightmares weren't in our heads but actual creatures that fed off our fears? From those two questions—and research the Native American lore on dreamcatchers—my story was born!

2. Even though Catch me When I Fall is paranormal fantasy do you find you bring personal experiences into your writing at all?


I did! I set half of the story in Ohio, where I live, and I gave Kayla some of my biggest fears. Then Daniel is a lot like me, I think. With some changes, of course! 

3- What's up next for you? 

On May 17th, I have a YA contemporary releasing through Blaze Publishing: BECAUSE I LOVE YOU (written as Tori Rigby). I'm super excited to share this story with everyone! I'm hoping it brings lots of tears and warms lots of hearts. 

4- Why do you enjoy coming to RT/what are you looking forward to at RT?

 RT is so much fun! You have a chance to meet your favorite authors and fellow readers, and discover new books!

5- What's your favorite romance story?

 Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Such an amazing, touching story! 




Here's the booklet with all you need to know about the fair 


On Saturday, April 16 meet more than 625 authors who will be signing at the Giant Book Fair. The Book Fair will be set up like a GIANT book store where all the authors' latest books will be available for purchase.
For news and updates visit the RT convention website

No comments: